We mentioned a ton of movies and tidbits in Episode XII, so here are some links worth checking out when you have some time between all the eggnog and Christmas cookies!
- This was the image going around social media that prompted our initial discussion.
- Heat Miser and Snow Miser look awfully familiar, don’t they?
- The Easter Bunny is Comin’ to Town is, in fact, a real movie.
- Arnold really did feed donkeys indoors during the first months of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Arnold Schwarzenegger compilation video mentioned is the aptly-titled “160 Greatest Arnold Schwarzennegger Quotes.”
- Sinbad is one crazy mailman in Jingle All the Way.
- Here is the amazing trailer for Fatman that originally posted in October.
- These interviews with Ian and Eshom Nelms, Fatman‘s writer-directors, are super entertaining: a written article from the Los Angeles Daily News and a podcast with The Bulwark‘s Sonny Bunch.
- Lou mentioned these two Chinese posters for Die Hard and Die Hard 2.
- The Chinese dub of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is actually called Star Wars: The Third Gathers: Backstroke of the West, not Revenge of the Jedi in the West. We attempted to watch it a few years back and while it’s nearly unbearable to sit through for two hours, we recommend at least checking out the first scene.
- This behind-the-scenes featurette explains why Ron Howard included so many Dutch angles in How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- The best part of Jim Carrey’s Grinch: The Cheermeister!
- Here’s a trailer for the documentary Jim & Andy about Jim Carrey’s portrayal of comedian Andy Kaufman in 1999’s Man on the Moon.
- Was Tom Cruise’s recent COVID rant justified?
- Tom Cruise isn’t filming in space for Mission: Impossible 7, but another, still-untitled film to be directed by Edge of Tomorrow’s Doug Liman.
- This video breaks down the masterful cinematography of Emmanuel Lubeski in 2004’s The Cat in the Hat.
Image credit: Composite image/FLIPP, featuring stills from Jingle All the Way